Have you just purchased a 4×4?
Do you like to experience the thrill of off-road driving?
Learn at your own pace?
Then why not join our 4×4 DESERT DRIVING COURSE with Karim (The Desert Guru) who has more than 30 years of off-road experience in the UAE. Karim will spare no effort in explaining all aspects of this thrilling hobby to you, no matter how many times you get stuck!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- 4×4 Owners. (With off-road insurance)
- Any and all types of 4×4
- Drivers with rented 4×4
- Drivers without own vehicle and willing to rent a 4×4 from us (min. age 25 years)
- 3 cars
- additional one passenger max per car
WHEN AND WHERE?
Aweer desert (20 km east of Dubai city) DUBAI GPS Location – Eppco gas station some 5 km after Dragon Mall
Al Wathba Desert – Meeting point @ Jumeirah Al Wathba Desert Resort (some 50 km from Shk Zayed Grand Mosque) – https://goo.gl/maps/D2Tog6RzxvPgGChf8
Booking will be confirmed on first come first serve basis
The full session (for 3 cars) lasts approx. 3 hours (Approx. 30% Theory, 70% practical)
WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
Our instructor conducts a comprehensive half day program which includes:
- THEORETICAL SESSION (Approx. 30-45 minutes)
- a) Introduction and familiarization with 4×4
- b) Servicing your 4×4
- c) General preparation for off-road trips
- d) Safety procedures
- e) 4×4 modification
- f) Automatic vs. manual
- g) Short Wheel vs. Long wheel
- h) Gear terminology (low range, tiptronic, all time, part time, etc)
- i) Transfer terminology (differential locks and limited slip Diff. and their function)
- j) Explaining traction control
- k) The difference of Tyre & rim types and (tread, Sand, all purpose, rocky, snow, etc)
- l) What is ground clearance, approach angle, departure angle and break-over angle
- m) What is traction control?
- n) Types of springs and suspension
- PRACTICAL SESSION (Approx. 150 minutes)
- a) Tyre deflation
- b) Spare tyre & tool check
- c) Gear function
- d) Steering control
- e) Speed control
- f) Climbing and descending sand dunes
- g) Driving sideways on the dunes
- h) Recovery using shovels
- i) Recovery using tow ropes
- j) Recovery using low range gear
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
|With own 4×4||
|With our 4×4 (Rented)||
RESERVATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- 50% down payment upon confirmation and the balance on the day in cash
- Due to the limited spaces available we cannot accept cancellation once a written confirmation is made
- We may cancel the session due to unexpected bad weather condition or other force majeur.
- Rub Alkhali Desert Tourism LLC will not be liable in any way for damages, accidents, personal injuries caused by negligence and inattention of drivers not following the instructor’s guidelines.
CHECK LIST (before the start of lesson)
Vehicle must have:
- Off-Road insurance
- Car Manual
- Full Tank fuel
- Spare Tires & Tools
- Shovels (long handle)
- Tyre gauge
- Tow ropes (heavy duty 5-6 tons)
- Air compressor
- Battery Jump start cable
- Wood plate (for lifting jack in the sand)
- Mobile phone
- Closed shoes (especially in summer)
BOOKING REQUEST FORM